Search for something in Linux
rpm -q -a | grep mysql (searches for mysql files) rpm -q -l mysql (lists out the path of mysql search string)
Load Putty first and Connect to the Remote Host using Remote Username and Password
1) pwd : to locate the absolute path
2) Ls -l : list all the directory info.
3) Ls : list all the directory info in wide format.
4) ./ : used to execute shell script files with “.sh” extension.
5) cp : copy directory from one path to another
6) cd .. : change directory just like any other Dos Directory.
htpasswd -m /etc/.svn-auth-file <username> — to create user account(must be root) is to create a username and password from apache to use with Subversion.
http://marcgrabanski.com/article/installing-subversion-on-apache (subversion installation instructions).
actual path is “htpasswd -m /srv/svn/access/users username (pressing enter will ask for password followed by password confirmation and will be saved into the access file.
# service httpd restart
(will restart the apache server).